I love using Fabric on my Layout too... here is a simple technique on how to make a scrap piece of fabric... into a beautiful flower:
1. Gather your materials: Scrap fabric, sewing needle, thread, scissors, fabric glue (optional!)
2. Cut your piece of fabric that you are going to use. You need a long, skinny piece of fabric… approximately 2.5” wide & 24 “ long.
3. Tie a knot in your thread and sew a running stitch along one side of the fabric. Continue this the entire length of the fabric.
4. When at the end, gather the material so it looks “pleated” and you have the desired effect.
5. Turn the flower over to stitch it closed. I also use a bit of fabric glue too, because I am not the best sewer!
6. You can now shape the flower however you want. To reduce the size of the flower, just cut the outer edge, until you achieve the size you want. You can also use pinking shears for a different effect around the edges too.
7. Add to your LO and layer the centre of the flower with chipboard, buttons, other flowers, beads, stickers, pins, etc…
8. Here is the LO I made: